Monday, October 6, 2008

More Pics from the week!

On Wednesday our good friend Mark came to visit for a few days.  We all had a great time and Parr was excited to see him.  But I will have to say the person most excited to see him would have to have been Oscar!  They both would wait outside the bathroom door for him and then follow him everywhere he went.  It was really funny!  Thanks for coming Mark, we look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

The Biggest thing to happen in the past few weeks is Parr is using the Potty!!!
Last week he came to me and told me he had to potty (aka taking his diaper off and saying something that sounds like "poopy" and "potty" combined while trying to climb on the toilet!)
He had been doing this a lot but everytime I put him on there nothing would happen.  Not this day!  He sat on there and started to go number 1!!!! I was so proud!  I  started clapping and yelling for him!  He was so proud of himself!  Nothing happened the next day, but on Friday he did it again and when I sat him on there he did number 1 and 2!!!  (For those of you who don't have kids I am sure you are thinking, is she really so excited about something like this!?! )  He used the potty several times that day and some off and on over the weekend.  But at least we are interested in doing so.  I am not sure how much he did it yesterday because I was not feeling well and Michael had to be Super Daddy!  Which he does very well!  He is really such an amazing Dad and I am so thankful for all of his help.  
Okay, enough of the mushy stuff, here is my little boy on the POTTY!  (Oh, and yes, we now have a special elmo potty seat, these were taken the first day)


1 comment:

Mounts Family said...

Love this....don't get discouraged if he's not interested every day. just be thankful when he does go potty...one less diaper to change.
miss you