Monday, February 23, 2009

Dreaded Phase!

Well we had a first today, first time to use the public restrooms!!!  I have been thinking about this for some time but felt like I had a little bit longer before that would happen.  As most of you know michael and I are the biggest germ freaks there are! (esp. michael)  Parr has been using the potty more and more here lately and when we are home he is pretty good about telling me when he needs to go.  But I have felt like we were a long way away from being totally "potty trained"  until today!  It may happen sooner than I thought.  Parr and I went to chick fil a for lunch and he was playing on the playground.  I already felt weird because he didn't need any assistance from me.  He would climb all the way to the top with the bigger kids and then slide down.  The top seemed really high to me and sometimes I couldn't see him!  Anytime I would offer to help he would say, "no, mommy, parr do".  Then he comes over to me and says, "I need poo poo"!  (Okay, what!?!!)  I  just kind of smiled and said okay go and slide some more.  I know that wasn't the correct response when you are trying to potty train but I just didn't feel like I was ready for the public restrooms with him!  So he went up the slide and then when he came back down he says, "mommy, I need poo poo"!  So, I reluctantly gave in.  We leave the playground and the whole way to the restroom he is yelling, "I need poo poo".  (I am sure people eating were thrilled about that!)  And he did, he went to the bathroom and loved flushing the toilet!   I am sure we will now have to use the public restroom every where we go now and I can only pray that daddy is with us next time!  

2 comments:

Casey said...

Way to go Parr! I know, Court, kids are fascinated with public restrooms....Yuck!

Mounts Family said...

Good for Parr!! I still remind Halle and esp Syd not to touch anything while we are in public restrooms. Trust me though you are still going to want to take him even if Michael is present because women restrooms are alot cleaner than men's!!