Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Turning 2!!!

As I posted before Parr turned 2 on the 29th and was so excited about being such happy birthday to.  For days, he would say to me "Day, Day"  and whoever was there at the time had to sing the "Happy Birthday" song!  He would grin and move his head from side to side.  So cute!  We are doing pretty good for two.  I really felt like he went through his "terrible twos" at around 19-22  months.  During those months he was really testing me but now he is just the sweetest thing ever.  Don't get me wrong we have our days and I know we will probably enter the stage again but he listens pretty well now and has really become my little helper.  I love getting to spend every day with him and watch all the funny things he comes up.  Everyday he is saying a new phrase or doing something new.  His personality is so funny and I see so much of both of us in him.  He is serious like his father and rambles on a lot like his mother.  He now loves to "read" books before bed, he likes to be the one to "read".  I wish I could think of some more specific things he is doing but I am a little tired and will have to maybe post those later or will get video.  Parr weighs 30lbs (75th percentile) and I can't remember what his height was but he was in the 50th percentile for that.  Anyway, I am so proud of him and can't wait to watch him grow and learn so much more.

When we got home from Arkansas we met at the park with some of Parr's friends for a little park birthday party.  The boys had so much fun and played hard for a couple of hours.  I got them muffins and juice so here they are having their mid morning snack.  
This pic is of Parr's friend Patrick, me, Parr, our friends Heather and her son Max, Allison and Carter.  Patrick's mom is a good friend of mine and is taking the picture.
Parr, Carter, and Patrick
They were pretending like this was a train ride and were passing out sticks as tickets.  How do they think of this?
While in Arkansas we got together with my Nana, Grandnana, Grumps, Gran, Bob Bob, Aunt Allison, and Carter for a birthday celebration at Johnny's Pizza (a personal favorite of mommy and daddy's!)

Sorry for the lengthy email!  

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

It looks like he had as much fun on his 2nd Birthday as his first, sorry I missed it. He is getting so big and gets more handsome everyday.