I want to apologize in advance because this is going to be long and pretty boring! I wanted to write all of this so I could remember and for family.
Katie turned five months old on Monday and I can't believe how fast these five months have gone! I guess just as fast as Parr's four years have gone! She is just the most precious baby! I can't get enough of her each day and Parr loves being her big brother! He wants to hold her all day long and feed her. A couple of times he has even burped her! It is so sweet to watch her expressions because she loves Parr and most of all her daddy! I can't believe that she is already a daddy's girl but if he is in the room she has her eyes on her the whole time. She loves to listen to his voice and when we lean down to kiss her she opens her mouth to kiss us back.
Parr can make her laugh just by talking to her! She loves for him to blow on her belly. I will try to get video of that and some more pics tomorrow.
We started her on rice cereal last week and she liked it but this week has been apples and they are a big hit! As you can tell by her pics, sister doesn't turn down much!!! Like mother, like daughter! I read that kids were ready if they opened when you put the spoon to their mouth, she not only opened but grabbed the spoon and tried to feed herself!haha At 3 months s
he was nearly 16 pounds, so who knows what she is now. Parr was the same way, then when he hit 20 pounds he just stopped getting bigger and got longer. Who knows! I love all her little rolls!
She is sitting up on her own now and loving to play with her toys. She rolls over and sat in the shopping cart for the first time today at Costco! While we were there, Parr went to the bathroom by himself. Like in the women's bathroom all alone while I held the door open. After using the bathroom he went and washed his hands and did the whole routine by himself. I will have to say I was a little sad because I can't believe how grown up he is getting.
I haven't posted many things about him lately but he is a funny kid! Funny and Mischievous! Like father, Like son!!! He can make anything out of any household item we have. I decided yesterday I might as well pack up our toys because he is going to play with things around the house anyway. I caught him trying to catch his alligator flosser with my chi cord and put it in an empty laundry basket which was his boat! This is every minute of everyday! Tiring! But fun! His says, "All the body" and "All the one" for everybody and everyone. And loves to follow any idea he thinks of with, "would that be a good idea" just to try to convince us! We now have some chores around the house for him to earn a quarter each chore and he is doing pretty good with that. He does get proud of himself when he earns the quarter but for some reason picking up his toys isn't his favorite.

Parr's favorite people right now are Billy the Exterminator and Rick Perry!
He was so pumped to get to meet him!
Anyway, that is enough boring info on my kids but I haven't written about them in a while and don't want to forget some of these things one day
.
If you read all of this, thanks for putting up with my rambling!haha





No comments:
Post a Comment