Friday, December 12, 2008

HO HO

HO HO is what Parr refers to Santa as.  We are having so much fun this Christmas season because he is obsessed with Santa Clause, snowmen, Christmas music, everything about Christmas!  I love it!  Maybe this happened because I have been playing Christmas music since the week before Thanksgiving.  Parr has not been one to watch TV or movies much but a few afternoons ago we sat and watched the whole Miracle on 34th St.  (the new one not the old one)  He loved it.  Tonight we sat and watched both Snowman movies that were on CBS.  It almost made me cry because I can't believe how fast he is growing up and I love getting to spend this time with him and start new traditions.  Okay, enough mushy stuff before I cry again.

So, when Parr first started preschool I was a little nervous and on the first day signed up for every single thing there was to sign up for.   It has been fun but last Friday I questioned that decision.  I had signed up to help with "pictures with Santa".  I thought, "this will be fun"  until I got there and the director informed me that I would be great as the Elf!  So, I was Santa's helper for 4 hours while jumping up and down and making a fool of myself to get kids from infants to 4 yr. olds to not cry and give one little smile for their moms!  I have a new found appreciation for the mall Santa's and their helpers!

Isn't this sweet!
And yes, the Elf!

1 comment:

Mounts Family said...

I love the elf!!
Parr is the cutest little boy...loved your Christmas card!